28 Mayıs 2016 Cumartesi

İşlemeli Pelerin / Embellished Cape



Herkese merhaba!

Son finalime dün girdim. Yapacak yaklaşık bir ton ödevim olmasına karşın 2 haftadır elimde oyalanan bu pelerini bitirmeyi başardım...

--

Hey everyone!

I just finished my finals. Even though I have approximately a ton of homework to do, I was finally able to finish this cape that was lingering for 2 weeks on my sewing desk.




Mezuniyet balosu yaklaşıyordu ve ben elbisemi dikemeyecek kadar yoğun ve acemiydim. Gene de kendi yaptığım bi şey olsun istedim, Bu yüzden cuma pazarında gördüğüm bu art arda işlemesi olan kumaşı kaptım. Üç sıra işlemesi vardı: mavi, altın ve pembe. Biraz evirip çevirince bir pelerin yapmaya karar verdim.

--

The graduation ball was coming up and I was too busy and novice to sew my own gown. But I still wanted something me-made. Therefore I grabbed this embellished fabric I saw in the open market. The embellishments were in a row: blue, gold and pink. After giving it a though I decided to make it into a cape.


Ucu işlemeli olan iki büyük dikdörtgeni kestim ve sırtta birleştirdim. Hiçbir yerde dikiş gözüksün istemediğim için her yeri telanet ile çevirdim, bu süreçte baş parmağımı da yaktım :) Yaka kısmını gene aynı kumaştan yaptım, içine tela yerleştirdim. Hepsini kafamda tasarladım, zaten çok basit bir model, klasik drapeli hrıka gibi, ancak kolu bile yok.

--

I cut 2 rectangles that had the embellishments at the end and joined them on the back. Since I wanted no visible stitches, I finished off the seams with wonder-tape alike, a kind of strip fusing and burned my thumb on the process. :) I made the collar from the same fabric and pur fusing inside. I designed it in my head, as it's very simple, like a classic draped cardigan, except it doesn't even have any sleeves.



Daha dikmeden, önüme gelen rastgele bir dükkandan bir adet broş edinmiştim, zira ilik filan açmaya gerek görmemiştim.

--

Before I even started sewing, I bought a brooch from a random shop, since I didn't find it necessary to create any buttonholes. 



Henüz mezuniyet elbisem gelmedi, ancak lacivert şifon bir etek ile deneyip fotoğraflarını çekmek istedim. Bu proje beni sandığımdan daha çok uğraştırdı, dikişlerini düzgün çekmek neredeyse imkansızdı, benim gibi bir acemi için zordu yani. :)

--

I haven't received my graduation dress, but still wanted to photograph it with a navy schiffon skirt. This project was harder than I thought, it was close to impossible to finish the seams perfectly, so it was quite hard for a beginner like me : )










Thanks for reading!
Okuduğunuz için teşekkürler!

Sevgiler,
Hilal


Hiç yorum yok :

Yorum Gönder